Determining Spousal Support In New Jersey Divorces
For many couples, marriage means making decisions as a partnership and assuming different roles to do what is best for their family. When that marriage ends, alimony may be needed to enable one party to move forward.
Laurie A. Bernstein, Esq., is a skilled Essex County alimony attorney who fights for husbands and wives who are going through divorce, helping to ensure that their voices are heard and their rights are protected. She brings more than 35 years of experience to each case she handles, with a firm understanding of the law and the skill necessary to build compelling arguments that help clients achieve their goals during this complex process.
If you have questions about spousal support and the financial aspects of your divorce, contact our office at 973-567-3591.
Aggressive Advocacy For Spousal Support Issues
Alimony awards come in a variety of forms, including:
- Open durational alimony
- Limited duration alimony
- Rehabilitative alimony
- Reimbursement alimony
- Permanent alimony
Decisions regarding spousal support are based on a wide variety of factors, including:
- The actual need and ability of the parties to pay
- The duration of the marriage or civil union
- Ages and physical and emotional health of the parties
- The standard of living during the marriage
- The earning capacities, educational levels, vocational skills and employability of the parties
- The length of absence from the job market of the party seeking support
- The parental responsibilities for the children
- Equitable distribution allocation, income available through investments and other factors the court may deem relevant
Laurie A. Bernstein, Esq., helps clients understand the factors the court considers when awarding alimony and uses them to build compelling arguments to support her clients’ positions.
Contact A Livingston Spousal Maintenance Lawyer
To schedule a confidential consultation with an experienced Essex County alimony lawyer, contact The Law Office of Laurie A. Bernstein, P.C., at 973-567-3591 or by completing the online contact form. We serve clients throughout the central and northern counties of New Jersey.