Laurie A. Bernstein
- Divorce and Family Law
With so many family law firms to choose from, why select my firm to handle your divorce, custody and parenting time, child support, alimony and cohabitation issues, post-judgement disputes, domestic violence and other family law matters.
The answer is simple - I have been a family law practitioner for over 40 years licensed in three states. I have the experience, dedication, passion and knowledge to work hand in hand with you to help you to reach your goals. I care about my clients and want to achieve the best results for them. I listen to you and hear you. We work together as a team from the inception of your case to create creative and common sense solutions to those simple to complex issues. If amicable resolutions cannot be reached, I will aggressively try your case. Having previously worked in other areas of the law throughout my career along with family law, such a personal injury, workers compensation, and government benefits, my experience in those areas enhances my knowledge in handling your divorce/family law case. For more than a decade, I served as a Blue Ribbon Mandatory Early Settlement Panelist, Chairperson of the District VC Fee Arbitration Committee and lecturer in the community regarding relevant and emerging family law topics.
What also distinguishes my firm, is that you get me - an experienced attorney from start to finish. I know you and I know your case. I am there for you. I do not spend my time and your money educating paralegals or junior associates about you and your case and only show up for "major events." Every event in your case is important to you and important to me in building the case towards attaining your ultimate result.
I have a long-term successful practice, satisfied clients who return time and again even after many years, and refer me to their family and closest friends.
- Nova University Center for the Study of Law, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Book Award, Current Constitutional Problems
- New York University, New York, New York
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Journalism and Political Science
- Blue Ribbon Mandatory Early Settlement Panelist for 20 years
- Chairperson of District VC Fee Arbitration Committee for 10 years
- District VB and VC Fee Arbitration Committee (appointment as Panel Chair)
- Essex County Bar, Early Settlement Panelist/Blue Ribbon Early Settlement Panelist
- American Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member Family Law Division
- Essex County Bar, Member
- Court Approved Mediator
Current Employment Position
- Attorney at Law
- Florida, 1982
- New Jersey, 1983
- New York, 1986